The Benefits of Poultry Litter:
Improves soil organic matter
Beneficial to soil biology
Improves soil structure
Easaliy stockpiled and spread
Poultry Litter Sales
Managed by Mark Godsall who has over 25 years experience in the industry buying and selling poultry litter and other livestock manures and compost. Working closely with his colleague Nigel Berry who is based in the Cotswolds they are able to supply poultry litter to AD Plants, Composters and Growers. Mark and Nigel are FACTS qualified and are able to provide a comprehensive management package including environmental management and care of manures, storage, transport and spreading to land as a fertilizer. Detailed records are maintained and available for industry audits as required. Road haulage either by tractor and trailers, HGV bulk tippers or walking floors are available. Mark is WAMITAB accredited and holds a Mobile Plant Certificate .
The Benefits of Poultry Litter
Poultry litter applied at 8 tonnes per hectare (3T/acre) will provide the following plant available nutrients in the first year: Nitrogen 72kg/ha, Phosphate 120 kg/ha, Potash 130kg/ha plus beneficial levels of sulphur, magnesium and other macro and micro nutrients.
- Improves soil organic matter.
- Beneficial to soil biology.
- Improves and maintains soil structure.
- Readily available phosphate and nitrogen improves crop establishment when incorporated into the seedbed prior to sowing eg. oilseed rape and winter wheat.
- Nutrient benefits in 2nd and subsequent years.
- Easily stockpiled and spread with conventional and rear discharge spreaders, achieving good work rates as application rates do not normally exceed 8tonne/ha.
Litter can be collected or delivered using a tractor and trailer, bulker or walking floor.
Litter spreading onto seed bed
Litter top dressing
Litter stockpiled for feed stock for Anareobic Digestor